Pages

Monday 12 October 2020

The Immersion Assembly

 Immersion Assembly Recount


WALT: recount a personal experience using correct sentence punctuation and sentences which make sense to the reader.


PLANNING: You now have 5 minutes to add the keywords to your plan.  Do not write any sentences in the boxes below. 


Orientation (Introduction): How will you hook the reader?

Who? Mr Burt, teachers, Students, 

What? Explaining art

Where? Immersion Assembly 

When? 9:00 am 

BODY: Describe what happened.

Paragraph 2 (3-4 sentences)

School Theme for Term 2:

Team 1: Showed a video of colour and paint, 

Team 2: showed each of there creations of art, 

Team 3 : showing paint with different colours

Team 5: showing other pictures from other cultures,


How did each of these teams share their inquiry topic?

Paragraph 3 (3-4 sentences)

Team 4 Inquiry Topic: We are learning about art.There for we’re learning about culture

How did the Team 4 teachers share this? Well they didn't have a video so then Mr goodwin had an idea so he recorded the google meeting of the plan they had to make for us students to do, 

Paragraph 4 (3-4 sentences)

Write about your favourite item from assembly. I like the act from team 5

Conclusion (Summary)

What do you want to/hope to learn about?  I hope we learn about Tongas culture, 

What do you think about the new term theme overall? I think it's great,

Is this different to how you felt before the assembly? I wasn't here last time so this assembly was different for me, 



Now that you have made a plan, it is time to write your recount in full sentences:

At 9:00, in the immersion assembly there were teachers, Mr Burt, and us students, then they Explained what we were learning this term, they showed videos in each team, from team 1 to team 5.  But then team 4 didn't have a video to show but Mr Goodwin had an idea to show the google meeting of the planning. All teams each showed art, I found this assembly different for me.  I like team 5’s one It was funny, 






I know I have been successful writing because my recount:

1

Has an orientation to tell who, what, when, where.

y

2

Recounts the experience in paragraphs in the order the events happened.

y

3

Share my feelings about the experience at the end.

y

4

Is written using verbs in the past tense (I saw, I walked, I felt).

y

5

Has sentences with capital letters and full stops.

y


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.